PUBLIC NOTICE SIGN REQUIREMENTS
Unless specifically waived, all applicants for Development Review (DR) are required to post a sign on the project site providing public notice of the pending development application. This is in addition to the mailing of notices to nearby property owners and tenants.
Requirements for the design, construction and placement of the sign are as detailed below.
- The sign is to be erected on the project site at least 10 days prior to the Director’s Decision dated. The sign is to be removed after the Development Review appeal period has ended. If the determination is appealed, the sign is to be removed after the appeal has been decided.
- Sign specifications and design:
- Size: 8 feet long by 4 feet tall
- Height: Not to exceed 6 feed including support posts
- Location: Not less than 1 foot inside front property line, clearly visible and facing street
- The sign must be constructed of plywood or a similar sturdy material. Paper or cardboard is not acceptable. The sign must be supported by two posts with a minimum size of 4 inches by 4 inches, with proper footing if required.
- The background of the sign must be white with a border 1 to 4 inches thick. The border must be black or another dark color that contrasts with the background.
- Lettering must use a font that is readily legible and as large as possible given the amount of text necessary to fit on the sign. The lettering must be black or another dark color that contrasts with the background.
- Sign format is subject to approval b the City Planner.
- Sign Copy: as shown below and in graphic.
Please see our sample below and if you have any questions or need The Sign Studio to prepare your design/layout and post & panel sign for you, please give us a call at (818) 843-9200 or send us an e-mail at email@example.com.