READY TO APPLY LETTERING - also known as RTA Lettering.
If you are looking to save yourself some money and are confident in your application abilities, the following directions on how to apply your own vinyl lettering will help you to install your own signage.
1. Apply window cleaner, soapy water, or denatured alcohol to clean the surface where the lettering will be placed. Use a lint-free cloth to wipe the surface dry.
2. Use a water-soluble pencil to draw guidelines and centerlines to help align the lettering.
3. Fill a spray bottle with a mixture of water and 3 drops of liquid dish detergent.
4. Before applying, rest the lettering on a flat surface and carefully squeegee across the transfer tape that covers the bottom.
5. Find the center of the lettering and make a small mark at that point on the transfer tape.
6. With the lettering face down, peel the backing paper away from the lettering, which will remain adhered to the transfer tape.
7. Lightly spray the exposed sticky side of the lettering with the soapy water solution (if the letters are being applied to glass and are smaller than 1" in height, do not use the spray, it could cause misalignment.) Small letters should be applied dry.
8. Place the lettering and transfer tape onto the surface, using any guidelines and centerlines you have made to help align the lettering.
9. Squeegee the lettering from the center outward toward the edges, overlapping your strokes to prevent air and water from being trapped under the lettering.
10. Leave the application tape attached to the lettering and let it dry for about one hour.
11. Remove the application tape. Put the tape back at a 180-degree angle (flat) to the surface. This will minimize the chance of the lettering being pulled up along with the tape.
If you have any questions of need help with your Installation, please give us a call at (818) 843-9200 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.