Following are the 10 most frequently cited OSHA violations for construction and electrical sign contractors:
1. Scaffolding - Regulations require that "scaffolds shall be designed by a qualified person and shall be
constructed and loaded in accordance with that design."
2. Hazard Communication - Employers are required to provide employees with training and information
on hazardous chemicals in their work areas at the time of initial assignment or whenever the hazard is
3. Fall Protection Training - Employers are required to provide a training program for each employee who might be exposed to fall hazards.
4. Respiratory Protection - Employers are required to develop and implement a written respiratory
protection program with required worksite-specific procedures and elements for required respirator use.
5. Lockout/Tagout - Employers are required to establish a program and utilize procedures for affixing
appropriate lockout devices or tagout devices to energy isolating devices, and to otherwise disable
machines or equipment to prevent unexpected energizing, start up or release of stored energy in order to
prevent injury to employees.
6. Powered Industrial Trucks - Employers are required to ensure that each powered industrial truck
operator is competent to operate a powered industrial truck safely, as demonstrated by the successful
completion of training.
7. Electrical: Wiring and Design Protection - Employers are required to use either ground fault circuit
interrupter equipment or an assured equipment grounding conductor program.
8. Machine Guarding - One or more methods of machine guarding are required in order to protect the
operator and other employees in the machine area from hazards such as those created by point of
operation, ingoing nip points, rotating parts, flying chips and sparks.
9. Ladders - The law requires that ladders be inspected by a "competent" person for visible defects on a
periodic basis and after any occurrence that could affect their safe use. Portable ladders with structural
defects such as broken or missing rungs, cleats, or steps, broken or split rails, corroded components, or
other faulty or defective components, shall either be immediately marked in a manner that IDs them as
defective, or be tagged with "Do Not Use" or similar language, and shall be withdrawn from service until
repaired.10. Electrical Wiring Methods, Components and Equipment - Regulations require that "for temporary wiring over 600v, nominal fencing barriers or their effective means shall be provided to prevent access of other than authorized or qualified personnel. Electrical feeds shall originate in a distribution center. Branch circuits shall originate in a panel board or power outlet. Receptacles shall be of the grounded type and flexible cords shall be protected."
The Sign Studio is proud to say that we have never been cited for any OSHA Violations. If you have any questions or need any safety signage, please feel free to call us at (818) 843-9200 or send us an e-mail at email@example.com -
The Sign Studio - Electrical Sign Contractors -
LET US DESIGN/FABRICATE AND INSTALL YOUR SIGN WHILE YOU BUILD YOUR BUSINESS!!