Do you know about signs? Here are some FACTS…….
You see them every day, but how often do you stop and think about the huge role signs play in our lives? Here’s some fun and interesting facts about the marketing and visual communications pieces that help us know how to save, where to shop and when to STOP.
- According to the Outdoor Advertising Association of America, black text on a yellow background has the highest visibility color combination.
- 30 to 40 percent of a sign’s face area should be left as white-space for optimal readability.
- Adding a border to a sign helps focus the reader’s attention so they can read it 26 percent faster.
- Presenting information in a second color can increase a sign reader’s retention by 78 percent.
- Neon is popular for business signs and naturally produces a red glow, but over 150 other colors can be created with the use of other substances. Most commonly, argon, phosphor, xenon, helium and mercury are used to create different colors in neon signs.
- An on-site sign viewed by 85 percent of the retail market at an average of 10 times a month costs only $0.02 per thousand exposures.
- A gold leaf sign will last 15 to 25 years.
- There IS such a thing as too many signs!